Interfaith performs home repairs and maintenance tasks such as plumbing repairs, window and door replacements, indoor carpentry and outdoor carpentry, emergency repairs, handicap access work, and yard maintenance. Jobs are categorized as emergency or regular jobs. Emergency jobs are given priority over regular jobs. Our ability to do jobs depends upon the availability of resources. Interfaith reserves the right to refuse any job which we determine to be beyond the scope of our guidelines, ability, or funding. Do to the great need and demand of our services, we do have a waiting list for all applications.
Emergency jobs include
- Broken furnaces when the outside temperature is consistently below 32 degrees. *You can always request a furnace repair other times of the year, but your request will go on a waiting list.
- Broken hot water tanks
- Construction of 1st floor bathrooms. *Homeowner must provide proof from physician that a first floor bathroom is a medical necessity
- Plumbing Repairs: Running water in the wrong places or No water in the right places
- Window or Door Damage from break-ins *client must have a copy of the police report
- Handicap adaptations such a grab bars, handrails, raised toilets *Homeowner must provide proof from physician that adaptation is a medical necessity
- Snow removal for older home owners if there has been a snowfall of 3 or more inches. *We reserve the right to do snow removal only for people who need home health or home delivered meals and as staffing permits
Regular jobs include:
- Window & Door replacements
- Non-Emergency plumbing repairs
- Indoor Carpentry
- Minor outdoor porch/step repairs
- Interior painting
Jobs or things we cannot do
- Appliance repair or replacement
- Direct financial assistance of any kind
- Electrical work
- Exterior painting
- Furnace installation
- Work on multi-family homes such as duplexes or apartment buildings.
- Major rehabilitation or renovation
- New construction *except ramps
- Sidewalk repairs
- Insulation and Weatherization–for these services contact the Mahoning Youngstown Community Action Partnership’s Home Energy Services
- Work for a client who does not meet all of the Eligibility Requirements
- Work on a home that cannot be saved
- Work on garages or outbuildings
- Any job where the cost of the job exceeds the value of the house
If we can’t help, check out these other community resources.
We do not share unauthorized client information with the general public. We do not sell lists of names of clients or contributors to other entities of any kind under any circumstances.