Interfaith performs necessary and emergency home maintenance tasks. Jobs are categorized as Emergency, Critical, and Home Repair. Emergency and Critical jobs such as plumbing repairs, installing disability accessible equipment, and furnace repairs are given priority over Home Repair Jobs. Examples of home repair jobs would be window and door replacement, carpentry repairs, and cabinet and counter repairs. Our ability to do jobs depends on upon the availability of resources. Interfaith reserves the right to refuse any job which we determine to be beyond the scope of our guidelines, ability or funding. Due to the great need and demand of our services there is a waiting list for approved applications for Home Repair jobs.
Emergency/Critical jobs include:
- Broken Furnaces *Limited
- Broken Hot Water Tanks
- Construction of 1st Floor Bathrooms. *Homeowner must provide proof from physician that a first floor bathroom is a medical necessity
- Plumbing Repairs: running water in the wrong places or No water in the right places
- Window or Door Damage from Break-Ins * Homeowner must have a copy of the police report
- Disability Adaptations such a grab bars, handrails, raised toilets *Homeowner must provide proof from physician that adaptation is a medical necessity
Home Repair jobs include:
- Window & Door Replacements
- Non-Emergency Plumbing Repairs
- Indoor Carpentry
- Minor Outdoor Carpentry such as porch/step repairs
Jobs or things we cannot do
- Appliance repair or replacement
- Repair Broken Oil Furnaces or Boilers
- Direct financial assistance of any kind
- Electrical work
- Exterior/Interior painting
- Furnace installation
- Work on multi-family homes such as duplexes or apartment buildings.
- Major rehabilitation or renovation
- New construction *except ramps
- Sidewalk repairs
- Insulation and Weatherization–for these services contact the Mahoning Youngstown Community Action Partnership’s Home Energy Services
- Work for a client who does not meet all of the Eligibility Requirements
- Work on a home that cannot be saved
- Work on garages or outbuildings
- Mold abatement
- Fire restoration
- Any job where the cost of the job exceeds the value of the house
- Snow Removal, as of November 2018, we will no longer be able to provide emergency snow removal service. Please consider contacting the Area Agency on Aging to inquire about their services.
If we can’t help, check out these other community resources.
We do not share unauthorized client information with the general public. We do not sell lists of names of clients or contributors to other entities of any kind under any circumstances.